What is e-Commerce?
e-Commerce, also known as e-Business, or electronic business, is simply the sale and purchase of services and goods over an electronic medium, like the Internet. It also involves electronically transferring data and funds between two or more parties. Simply put, it is online shopping as we commonly know it.
e-Commerce started way back in the 1960s when organizations began to use Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) to transfer documents of their business back and forth. The 1990s saw the emergence of online shopping businesses, which is quite a phenomenon today.
It has become so convenient and easy, that anyone can shop for anything right from a living room, with just a few clicks. This has evolved more with the emergence of smartphones, where now, you can shop from anywhere and anytime, with a wireless device connected to the Internet. Now you can search for almost any product or service online, without having to go anywhere physically.
What is an eCommerce website?
eCommerce websites are online portals that facilitate online transactions of goods and services through means of the transfer of information and funds over the Internet. In the early days, e-Commerce was done partially through emails and phone calls. Now, with a single website, anything and everything that a transaction needs, can be executed online.
There are different e-Commerce websites for every field. The most common type is retail selling, but there are many others too, like auction websites, business-to-business services, music portals, consultancy websites, finance management websites, and the like. You can build such websites by hiring dedicated developers.
What is Mobile Commerce?
Mobile Commerce simply means buying and selling of goods, done by customers using their mobile devices.
With mobile devices taking over the planet, quite literally everyone uses their mobile devices more often than their laptops or desktops – to browse the internet. There has been a huge increase in transactions done via mobile devices in the last few years – so the benefits of mobile commerce are significant.
Different Types of eCommerce Websites
Different e-commerce websites are labeled or referred to differently, based on the function they fulfill.
- Business-to-Business (B2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies.
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and consumers.
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between consumers, mostly through a third party.
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services where individuals offer products or services to companies.
- Business-to-Administration (B2A): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and public administrations.
- Consumer-to-Administration (C2A): Electronic transactions of goods and services between individuals and public administrations.
Importance of e-Commerce
With the use of mobile devices and laptops increasing every day, there are a lot of advantages of e-commerce like –
- Global market reach
- A global choice for consumers
- Short product/service distribution chain
- Lesser costs and pricing
We design an attractive and stunning website that can be the face of your brand, and develop them inclusive of all the smooth features that engage your customers.
There is an increase of purchases being made on computers and mobile devices whether it's for B2C or B2B. To reach the customer, we offer the best personalization methods and top-notch eCommerce web development services.
- Easy Navigation
- Attractive Layout
- Simple User Interface
- Responsive (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile)
- Easy-to-use checkout
- Content Management
- Scalable Coding
- Promotion and discount code tools